Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Etsy Elmo Week Review #2- Bottle Cap Jen


Bottle Cap Jen is another great site that i found while browsing Elmo products on Etsy.  She offers about 250 products including Bracelets,  Earrings,  Necklaces,  Bookmarks,  Keychains,  Magnets and pins.  The unique thing about Bottle Cap Jen is that she creates all of her homemade products using Bottle Caps!  I would have never even thought of using Bottle Caps to make Jewelery,  but she sure did and they are some of the most unique jewelery pieces that i have ever seen!  I was amazed by all the creative things she does with bottle caps!

She has been doing Bottle Cap Jewelery  for almost two years now and she loves creating!   Bottle Cap Jen is an avid crafter but found her passion in making Bottle Cap Jewelery!  While on her shop you can browse through many different themes and brands including all time favorites such as:  Strawberry Shortcake,  Mickey,  Hello Kitty,  Betty Boop,  and even soda flavors-  Dr. Pepper,  Coca Cola,  and Mountain Dew  .Bottle Cap Jen kindly sent me a 9 piece set of Sesame Street Magnets including the following characters:
  1. Cookie Monster
  2. Elmo
  3. Burt
  4. Ernie
  5. Abby Cadaby
  6. Count Dracula
  7. Grover
  8. Zoe
  9. Oscar
Bottle Cap Jen seals each magnet with a thick glaze,  then sprinkles them with a special lacquer to keep its sheen.  She then glues on a super strong Neodymium magnet on the back of each bottle cap .  Best of all,  her products ship free anywhere in the US so you don't have to worry about any Shipping charges.  She charges $8.50 for each 9 piece set of Sesame Street Bottle Cap Magnets making them extremely affordable.  All of her items are shipped via first class mail and usually arrives in about one week. 

The magnets perfectly decorate any fridge with a cute "Sesame Street" theme.  I had my son use them as a counting tool.  He practices counting them one by one until he gets to 9!  These magnets make great favors to hand out to older kids or parents at parties!  Bottle Cap Jen also offers 6 other themed Bottle Cap magnet sets,   that are just as cute as the Magnets that i was sent to review!  The magnets located on the back of each Bottle Cap is very small but works very well.  I was actually surprised by how well they stuck to magnetic surfaces! 

*Disclaimer- Bottle Cap Jen kindly provided me with a product to possibly review.  In no way did this alter my opinion of their products.  All of my opinions are one hindered percent honest and true.*

3 comments:

MJ said...

Visiting from the Blog Hop...so lovin this post. Im your newest follower and hope you will come follow me too. mamajandherlittlefashionistas.blogspot.com & mylucky7design.blogspot.com

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by the Hump Day Hop. I was late getting up the link, but I appreciate you stopping by TexaGermaNadian anyways.
I LOVE these bottle caps, and I am not talking about for my children (which is good cause I don't have any yet :)), but just for me. Too cute, thanks for sharing!

http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

visiting from bloggy moms blog hop. come viist when you get a chance. cute sesame stuff. Great idea for a party

http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com