Wednesday, June 29, 2011

4th of July Recipes


So,   Fourth of July is  less than a week away,  and I am still getting my plans and ideas together.  My family and I will be celebrating Fourth of July with the rest of our family over at my sisters house,  just like we have been doing the past 10 years.  Of course,  we will be barbecuing and setting off fireworks with the kids.  I also bought some bubbles,  a big ball,  and some other fun toys to keep my children entertained throughout the day.  Last year I dressed all of my boys in cute little Fourth of July outfits,  including myself.  This year I bought a fourth of July shirt, headband, nailpolish,  and flip flops, Okay... so,  maybe I got a little carried away,  but it's all just for fun! 

I know at least some of your are going to be celebrating Fourth of July with a couple drinks,  and I just wanted to let you in on some great recipe ideas to kick of the fourth with a bang!  Sailor Jerry - the ionic Americana Spiced Rum is letting us in on some summer cocktail recipes perfect for your Independence Day Celebration.  Not only can you use the rum in cocktail recipes,  but it also goes great in BBQ Sauce recipes.  Below are two recipes that will make a perfect addition to your Independence Day BBQ!


Back Yard Tea
2 parts Sailor Jerry
1 part iced tea
2 parts lemonade
Glass: highball
Method: Add ingredients to in ice-filled glass and garnish with a lemon wedge



SAILOR JERRY BBQ SAUCE
In a medium pot, add 1 liter Sailor Jerry Rum,
4 to 5 quartered oranges, 3 lemons and 2 limes
(3 – 4 tablespoons of mixed fruit juice concentrate optional)
Reduce at a rapid boil by about 75% or until slightly thickened, strain and let cool
Pick your favorite brand of BBQ sauce. In a new pot bring desired amount of BBQ sauce to a slow warm adding the Sailor Jerry Rum mixture a little at a time. For us, about 5/6 parts BBQ to 1 part
rum mixture worked out well but taste along the way to see how you like it Tasty on ribs and pulled pork!!

2 comments:

Crazy Mom said...

ohh sounds great... I haven't even thought about 4th of July, thanks for reminding me and giving me some great tips:-)

asiadeli said...

Hi,thanks for the follow. Already follow.
http://freedelicacies.blogspot.com