Saturday, July 2, 2011

Group Story


I was recently given the opportunity to review a photo book on Group.Story.com,  and of course I couldn't resist!  Group Story Photo Books are of the upmost high quality,  and are printed by one of the most well regarded printers in the United States.  If you think they are just like every other photo book site,  guess again!   They allow you to invite your friends and family to join your group,  and contribute stories,  and pictures to go along with them.  They can also create pages to add to your photo book.  You will make the final edits and approvals for your photo book,  so you can choose which pages you would like in your photo book,  and which ones you wouldn't like to include. 

This site makes creating a photo book a piece of cake!  You start off with your choice of either a "8 x 8" softcover photo book for $17.99,  or a "8 x 8" hardcover photobook for $27.99.  Each book comes with 20 pages and each additional page is only 75 cents.  For the review,  Group Story let me create an "8 x 8" hardback photo book,  with 20 pages in it.  After that you upload as many pictures as you would like in your book.  The format of your pages determine the amount of pictures that you will need to upload.  I spent quite a while uploading pictures,  because I think I uploaded about 170 images, even though I did not end up using all of them.

 I also sent emails to other family members and friends,  so they could join,  and upload some pictures too!  Although I sent out a lot of invites,  not many of them signed up.  This is mainly because most of my friends and family go on the Internet through a connection on their cell phones.  I didn't want to leave them out, so I added pictures from their social media to my group photos.  Overall I had three people join my group,  but only two contributed pictures,  and only one contributed an actual page. 

My friend  created a page,  but didn't really know exactly what to do,  so I was able to edit it for her and make it look perfect!  I was pleasantly surprised by the images that my cousin uploaded.  She uploaded pictures that I didn't even know existed,  including pictures of me,  my little sister,  and my grandmother and father,  who has since passed away.  She also uploaded baby pictures of me and my younger sister,  a picture of my late great Granny,  a childhood picture of my mom, a family friend that passed away this year,  pictures of an old Ford car my dad use to own,  a picture of my older sister that passed away when I was young.  That picture was extra special to me because I have never owned a picture of her until now.  All of the pictures she uploaded brought back so many fond childhood memories.  I really appreciate all of the time and effort she put into uploading pictures for my Group Story Book. 

After all of the pictures were uploaded,  it was time to designing the pages with formats and backgrounds.  It was really fun choosing which format for each page along with where to place the pictures.  The funnest part was choosing the backgrounds,  as they offered many different fun  choices of backgrounds and colors.  For each page I went with a different format and background to match the theme of each page.  My book really contained a little bit of this and a little bit of that!  For some pages I used current pictures,  and on some pages I used old pictures.

I like the fact that I can arrange my own pages,  so I was able to put my middle son's baby shower pictures on one page,  and my youngest sons baby shower pictures on the page right next to it.  Many of the formats give you the option of adding captions,  names,  sayings,  or stories.  I chose to add names,  dates,  and page descriptions on some of the pages,  which really made it look more professional.   After I designed the pages format and backgrounds I was able to arrange the pages.  I arranged them according to event and background colors.  Once it was completed I was able to flip though an online copy of my book.  After you place the order your book will soon go to the printers to be printed off and shipped out to you. 

The book arrived at my house in no time.  I wasn't at home when they delivered my package,  so I had to pick it up at the post office.  I sent my husband to pick it up and he returned with a small flat cardboard box.  I anxiously opened it up,  and was immediately impressed with its high quality and overall appearance.  My Group Story Photo Book was everything I had imagined it would be and more!  It is now one of my most prized possessions,  and I am even guarding it from my kids.  I placed it up high where they cannot reach it,  so it doesn't get ruined.

 The softcover Group Story Photo Books are the perfect price for making copies to give out as gifts.  They would made a perfect gift for any mother,  sister,  friend,  Grandmother(basically any woman)!  Just like a wedding ring these are treasures that can be cherished forever!  They are definitely not anything that you would ever be willing to get rid of!  I plan on giving this book to one of my sons,  when they are grown with a family of their own,  but since my oldest is only seven,  that obviously wont be for a very long time!  I would definitely recommend Group Story to any one in the market of purchasing a photo book.  They are very affordable,  easy to create and make the perfect gift! 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

0 comments: