Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Funday- Piggies in a Blanket


Growing up I always remember my mother making us Piggies in a Blanket. We always enjoyed eating them for breakfast, matter of fact it was one of our favorite breakfast foods. As I got older I put my own little twist on them by adding half a slice of cheese to each piggy in a blanket. They are extremely easy to make and taste delicious! Your little ones can even help make them by tucking the piggies in their little (biscuit) blankies. Below you will find a very simple,  basic,  easy,  recipe for Piggies in a Blanket.

PIGGIES IN A BLANKET

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 bag of Hillshire Farms Little Smokies
  • 1 Tube of Biscuit Dough
  • 6 Slices of Cheese(each cut in halves)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Slice biscuits in half.
2. Firmly press down half a slice of cheese on half of a biscuit.
3. Place a piggy(Little Smoky) on half of a biscuit then stretch the biscuit dough over one side of the sausage, tuck it, and then do the same thing to the other side.
4. Bake it in the oven according to the directions on the biscuit package.
5. Let cool and then serve with dipping sauce.
I like to use Ketchup or Mustard but they also taste great by themselves.


1 comments:

Lindsey@CrazyMaybeBlog said...

I make these using regular hotdogs. I alternate biscuits and cresent rolls for the blankies. Yummy! :)