Sunday, November 6, 2011

Grey's Anatomy

Grey's Anatomy

Guest post written by my buddy Keith Kramer

Is anyone actually still watching Grey’s Anatomy? I feel like someone must be, because it’s still on the air. That show used to be great. I watched it religiously for the first few seasons. The McDreamy/McSteamy era, as I like to call it. This was before someone started dropping dead in an operating room every episode and half of the cast changed sexual orientation. That show has sailed right on past melodrama and has reached full soap opera territory at this point. The fact that they still try to pass it off as a respectable drama that comes on in primetime is laughable to me. I try to tune in once or twice a season to see if the acting and/or writing might have gotten better, but so far I’ve had no luck. While I haven’t checked in this year, if the commercials are any indication things have gone from worse to even worse. Why are Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey even still on that show? Kate Walsh and Katherine Heigl were smart to get out while they could. I might check in the next time I see it on directv Centennial, but if it’s still terrible I’m not giving it another shot.

0 comments: