Friday, December 23, 2011

2011 Holiday Gift Guide Day - Roku





I am not very savvy when it comes to electronics and all the latest items so I had no clue that you could stream movies from your computer onto your actual television screen. I know, I'm still living in the eighties and ninties and need to get with 2011,  so I was glad Roku was able to help me do that.  Well atleast help introduce me into the electronic devices and technology of 2011 anyways! 

Roku could probably be the best entertainment purchase that you ever make!   This is because Roku allows you to stream instant movies and channels to your television set,  straight from your PC through a miniature sized device.   It's small size allows convenience and provides you with no clutter so it easily fits wherever you may want to place it. 

In order to use the Roku you must have cable,  which I do not have,  but I do visit my brothers house and he has cable so I decided to give it a try.  My brother just so happens to be a huge fan of netflicks which worked out perfectly because you can stream Netflicks through your Roku.  Besides Netflicks there are a variety of other options you can choose from to stream content to your television on including Amazon Instant Video,  Facebook,  and hula plus,  just to name a few! 

My brother was thrilled to receive the Roku 2,  so much in fact that he began setting it up as soon as he received it.  Not only is it super easy to set up, it is also super easy to use.  We never knew just how many viewing options are available till now,  or should I say till we received the Roku!  Believe me once you experience one unit you will want to buy one for every television in your house! 

LEARN MORE:  To learn more about Roku,  visit them online,  connect with them on Facebook,  follow them on Twitter,  and visit their blog.


*Disclaimer - Roku provided me with the item mentioned above.  In no way did this alter my opinion of their products.  All of my opinions are one hundred percent honest and true.*


0 comments: