Let me introduce you to Glee Gum. The makers of all natural kits kits for children, including gum, chocolate, and gummies. Glee Gum also manufactures various flavors of Glee Gum. They are an independently owned company that is run by women, and as a woman I can especially appreciate that!
In the past I reviewed their Make Your Own Chocolate Kit and it was so much fun, not to mention delicious, so I was excited to have an opportunity to work with them again. This time I decided to review the Make Your Own Gum kit. Not only do my kids enjoy gum, but so do I! Matter of fact, I am chewing on a piece of Glee Gum as I type! Gum is always nice but gum that you actually made is even better!
1. We began by heating up the corn syrup. We did this by putting the corn syrup pouch in a teacup and then surrounding it in boiling water.
2.After that we sprinkled 1/2 of the sugar on the table in a small mound, this can get a little messy so be sure to have a hand towel on hand.
3.We then melted the chicle gum base in the stove since it is the recommended method, although you may use the microwave to melt it if you wish. It took a little over twenty minutes for the chicle base to completely melt.
4. We then cut the end of the pouch and squeezed the corn syrup onto the chickle gum base. My son's helped each other squeeze it all out. They took turns stirring it all up and then added it to the sugar on the table. This is where it gets sticky and in my sons opinion - FUN!!!
5. They then kneaded it, and divided it into two parts on the table. The boys added the flavor packet to each part.
6. They mixed the rest of the sugar to both parts and began kneading it again. It's quite a bit of work but it sure pays off in the end!
7. Here comes more fun - they rolled it out just like cookie dough! We used a rolling pin although you are free to use a can, bottle, or whatever you may have on hand. A great tip is too sprinkle a little bit of sugar on it so that it doesn't stick. We found this was a great tip to keep it from sticking.
8. This is where it starts getting real! We finally had results and were ready to cut it into pieces. I cut it into somewhat small pieces, perfect size for the boys!
9. We wrapped up the rest of the gum so we could save some for later.
10. Enjoy! We had fun making the gum and just as much fun chewing it. It's so cool to know that you actually made the gum yourself!
Most gum today is made by fake stuff, so it's awesome that the gum base in this kit is the real thing - chicle! It's also awesome to know that we can make our very own gum. This kit would make a perfect activity for children's birthday parties, classrooms, scout troops, and more!
SAVE: When you purchase the Candy Kit Combo you will receive 30% off making it only $29.30!!!
BUY IT: You can purchase the Make Your Own Chewing Gum Kit for $13.95 and a refill kit for $6.95.
LEARN MORE: To learn more be sure to visit Glee Gum online.
*Disclaimer - I received the item mentioned above, free of charge, for review purposes. In no way did this alter my opinion of their products. All of my opinions expressed in this post are one hundred percent honest and true.*