Thursday, May 2, 2013

Clorox Ick-tionary

"This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Clorox blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own."

As a mother of four children including a nine, four, three and 7 month old as you can only imagine my life is full of messy moments!  From the kids spilling their juice on the floor to the baby getting baby food all over the place, and don't forget about my husband tracking in mud from work, you might just consider my life a messy situation!  Just because my life is full of messy moments it doesn't mean that they can't be cleaned up, especially with a little bit of help from Clorox!

Their are so many different sticky situations that occur, so Clorox decided to come out with a hilarious Ick-tionary specifically for messes that have never been heard before!  This exciting Ick-tionary allows you to make up your very own words, play fun games, and even receive a coupon for 75 cents off any Clorox product.  And, while your visiting, Clorox will help teach you how to clean up all the ick!  I was happy to contribute a word to the Ick-tionary and would like to share it with you, along with it's meaning and story.

Dirtyboyness (Dirty-Boy-Ness) - A dirty mess created by a boy.

Now, when it comes to boys, I know first hand all about them!  That could be because of the fact, that I have three boys, or the fact that I also have a ton of nephews! I guess it just doesn't matter how many boys you have, if there's atleast one around then there's definitely going to be a mess! I can literally think of thousands of incidents where my boys have created a mess, but the one that stands out the most is the time they decided to trample all over my brand new living room carpet with their muddy shoes!  

The day was like any other in my house - chaotic and crazy!  Little did I know it was about to get very messy too!  Now,  please keep in mind that a week prior to this day, we had our entire living room newly carpeted.

 The boys were busy playing outside because the weather had let up just enough to let them outside to play.  That was the first mistake(letting them out to play).   I went to the bathroom just long enough to go pee (which was the second mistake).  Literally, two minutes later I walked into my living room, only to find my boys had decided to change the color of my carpets from tan to muddy brown!  Now, usually when they come inside they take their shoes off at our doorway entrance, but  this time they were too excited about finding snails that had came out of hiding right after the rain.  Needless to say, the power steamer came in very handy that day! 

And, there you have it...A perfect example of dirtyboyness!!!!  Please visit www.icktionary.com and check out all the super funny words and perhaps even submit a word of your very own! 


*Disclaimer -  This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Clorox blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.

0 comments: