As a mama of four kiddos, it just seems like there is never enough time in the day. By lunch time, my hub is off for his lunch break from work, my baby wants her "babah", and my son's want their lunch too. Needless to say, lunch is pretty much rushed and chaotic. One way to cut back on the stressful lunch time is by making tasty yet easy options for lunch for my kiddos, so one of my favorite things to make them is grilled cheese sandwiches with a side of fruit. Luckily, the T-fal Mini Grilled Cheese Griddle makes lunch time a little easier on me!
Ok, so I love the T-fal Mini Grilled Cheese Griddle so much that I am planning on purchasing the 10.25 inch T-fat Grilled Cheese Griddle, so I can easily make all the kiddos their sandwiches at the same time. Then, I plan on using the Mini Grilled Cheese Griddle to make my grilled sandwiches on. It's perfection at it's finest when it comes to the T-fal Mini Grilled Cheese Griddle! The flat base allows heat to be distributed evenly allowing your sandwich to cook evenly. It makes grilling easy and it also makes cleaning up easy because it is dish washer safe and features a nonstick coating.
And, now thanks to Iron Chef Marc Forgione, I get to share this fabulous recipe with all of you. In case you don't know he happens to be the winner of Food Networks Iron Chef (Season 3). You just might recognize his father, Larry Forgione who is a culinary legend.
Lobster Grilled Cheese courtesy of Marc Forgione and T-fal
For the Chili Lobster:
· 2 cups Lobster Stock (If you can’t find Lobster Stock, get seafood stock, which should be available at Whole Foods or Fox & Obels)
· 4 (1 ½ pound) lobsters, claws removed
· ¼ cup Sriracha
· 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
· Juice of 2 limes
· 6 ounces (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, divided
· 4 tablespoons canola oil
· Kosher salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
· 8 slices of fontina cheese
· 4 slices Pullman Loaf or other high-quality thick sliced white bread (1” thick)
1. Cut the tails off the lobster bodies, and into 1-inch pieces while the tails are still in their shells
2. Bring the Lobster Stock to a simmer and add the Sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice. Piece by piece, whisk in 6 tablespoons of butter until emulsified. Reduce the remaining sauce until it slightly thickens, about 2 minutes.
3. Toss the lobster tail pieces in oil with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Place the lobster pieces in a bowl and transfer to the fridge until cooled. When the lobster pieces have cooled, pop the meat out of the tails and set aside.
4. For each sandwich take two slices of bread. Place one slice of fontina cheese on top of the first slice, cover the cheese with some lobster meat, sprinkle ½ tablespoon of tarragon, cover with a second slice of fontina cheese, and then top with the second piece of bread. Brush the outer sides of each slice of bread with melted butter and season with salt. Grill the sandwich on the T-fal Mini Grilled Cheese Griddle and serve with a small bowl of the chili sauce on the side.
LEARN MORE: To learn more be sure to visit
BUY IT: You can purchase the T-fal Mini Grilled Cheese Griddle for only $8.24 at Target.
*Disclaimer - I received the item mentioned above, free of charge, for review purposes. In no way did this alter my opinion of their products. All of my opinions expressed in this review are one hundred percent honest and true.*