Friday, March 21, 2014

#DisneySide @HomeCelebration


I never grew out of Disney, Disney grew with me. As soon as you cross the arch, all your cares just seems to disappear. Disney to me is like a time machine back to the past. Each time I read my children a Disney Story or watch a Disney movie with them, it takes me back to a time when everything was magical, and for them everything is still magical. There's no worries, as their imagination runs wild with thoughts of innocence. Disney is still magical for me too because it takes me back to an innocent time in my life, just as it does my children today.


You know how sometimes a certain scent can instantly remind you of someone or a fond memory. Well, that's exactly what does Disney does for me! But it's not just one memory, it's the feeling of being young again, something magical that will imprint in your heart for the rest of your life.



DisneyLand is known for being referred to as "The Happiest Place On Earth", and for good reason! Visiting DisneyLand is like going into Sensory overload! But let's get back to what this post is really about - our magical #DisneySide @HomeCelebration! As you may know, our family are huge fans of Disney, not only Disneyland but just of Disney in general. The kids love watching Disney movies, dressing up in Disney Costumes, and exploring new Disney characters.  That being said, imagine how excited we were when we found out we were selected to host a #DisneySide @HomeCelebration!  

To check out all of our awesome goodies we received for the party, be sure to visit this post,  if you haven't already. You will find we received a variety of Mickey and Friends themed items including tablewear, decorations, and even favors. In addition to the fun party pack, I also purchased a few items, and also hosted a "Moustastic Event" to get cool stuff for our party including lots of unique items. Due to unexpected circumstances, we had to reschedule our party, but I am happy to announce we hosted it this past week. 

The party was planned to celebrate not only our #DisneySide, but my twin niece and nephews birthday too. Because after all, what's more magical than a Disney birthday!  We decided to go with a Minnie and Mickey theme, which was appropriate because the twins are a boy and a girl.   Our party was a huge success and all the kids had a blast. Check out our party pictures, below.


Check out one of our #DisneySide tables. We had everything from Disney tablewear to cake, and even Mickey/Minnie Ears and Mickey Pinwheels! 

In addition to the Minnie/Mickey ears, the kids also had fun wearing Mickey themed masks!

 Some of the kiddos, showing off their Mickey and Minnie ears. 

Enjoying the party!


Another one of our #DisneySide decorated tables. Isn't that centerpiece, just the cutest!

Honestly, how adorable was my daughter!  For the party, I dressed my daughter in the cutest little Minnie dress, complete with matching accessories, thanks to some awesome Etsy shops!

We used the Disney bands included in the party pack to tie to some favor bags filled with Minnie candy. Then, we dropped them inside of Minnie and Mickey goodie bags filled with soaps, candy, stickers, necklaces, tattoos, Craisins, and more! Each children went home with a special goodie bag.  

Thanks to all the families who came to celebrate the twins birthday and our #DisneySide.  






17 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

We had our party a few weeks ago, but you guys look like you threw quite the par-tay!

bn100 said...

Looks like a very fun party

Rebecca said...

We are a Disney family and this party totally rocked.

Amanda said...

That Minnie dress is so, so cute! Looks like you guys had a great party!

Amanda Ripsam said...

adorable dress your little one is wearing she looks like Disney princess in it. I love party's and Disney. Where was my invite oh right I live in Tim buck too middle of no where Michigan lol Otsego look it up it's rather small town.

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

I know what you mean when you say Disney brings back magical memories, I love disney. I have never been to Disneyland or disneyworld yet. But hoping I will go one day

Anonymous said...

It looks like such a great party, I love the decorations (who does not love Mickey). I have seen a lot of these parties happening lately - my son would love a party like these.

Tough Cookie Mommy said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. The kids really had a lot of treats to choose from.

Nicole Brady said...

That dress is adorable. The very first baby item I ever bought off eBay was a Minnie Mouse outfit!

Unknown said...

ou did a great job showing your Disney side and i LOVE the dress.

Unknown said...

I have a little cousin who loves Disney with a passion; he would be so excited to have a party like this!

Anne Nicks said...

Looks like a very cute party! My family and I love Disney as well, thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

It looks like such a great party! I especially love the little Minnie dress! ;)
Tiffany

A said...

Ok, first off that dress is TO DIE FOR!! What cute Disney stuff. My kids would love to have a party like that!

Amber Nelson said...

Disney is a classic. You definitely can't go wrong with Disney.

Ashley Gill said...

Your party looks like it was really great! Your daughter looks so cute! Well done on the whole thing!

Terra Heck said...

Your little one looks absolutely adorable in that dress. Looks like everyone had a good time showing their Disney Side.