Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Thomas Bagel Thins Review + Recipe

*Disclaimer - I received a gift card, and full value coupons, in exchange for this post.  In no way did this alter my review.  All of my opinions expressed in this post are one-hundred percent honest and true. Everything expressed in this review is by Mizz Review Lady, not the Thomas brand.*

As many of you may know my goal for 2014 is to lose a total of 40 lbs.  Dieting and exercise has proved to be very difficult. One of the things I have struggled with is what to eat. I have found that I don't have to eliminate my favorite food all together, I just need to come up with healthy alternatives. For example, I love bagels,  but a full size bagel seems to contain too many calories. But the Bagel Thins by Thomas prove to be a healthy alternative because they contain only 110 calories.  In addition to the Bagel Thins, Thomas also offers Pocket Thins and Sandwich Thins, which are also low in calories.


For this review, I was asked to create a recipe using and of the Weight Watchers Thins products. I thought of several recipes, before I came up with an excellent idea - Skinny Breakfast Bagel Thin Sandwich.  I made a list of the ingredients, and then headed to my local Walmart to pick up all of the ingredients, using a gift card that was provided to me for this review.  I wasn't able to locate the Bagel Thins where the bread is usually sold.  After searching the store, I ended up finding the items on an end cap, near the frozen section. 


Check out the entire line of healthy products:
Arnold® and Oroweat® Products
All Arnold® and Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls are cholesterol-free foods, containing zero grams of Trans Fat and no high fructose corn syrup.

Arnold® and Oroweat® Sandwich Thins® Rolls
Weight Watchers®: 3 PointsPlus Value®
Flavors: 100% Whole Wheat, Healthy Multi-grain, Honey Wheat, Flax & Fiber

Arnold® and Oroweat® Pocket Thins® Flatbread
Weight Watchers : 3 PointsPlus Value®
Flavors: 100% Whole Wheat, Healthy Multi-grain

Thomas'® Bagel Thins® Bagels
All Bagel Thins® are 110 calories, cholesterol-free, low in fat and contain zero grams of Trans Fat

Weight Watchers®: 3 PointsPlus Value®
Flavors: Plain, 100% Whole Wheat, Cinnamon Raisin and Everything


Skinny Breakfast Bagel Thin Sandwich

INGREDIENTS:
  • Egg Whites ( I used Weight Watchers)
  • 1/4 Cup Chopped Bell Pepper
  • 1/4 Cup Low-Fat Cheese (I used Weight Watchers Brand)
  • Dash of Pepper
  • (2) Bagel Thins
DIRECTIONS:
Scramble eggs and add the chopped bell peper and 1/4 Low-Fat Cheese(of your choice). Sprinkle it with a dash of pepper for seasoning.   While you are making your eggs, toast your Bagel Thins to your perfection. Add the scrambled egg whites and then place the other Bagel Thin on top. 

You may also want to add or substitute ingredients. Here are some ideas: Turkey Bacon, Tomato Slice, Spinach, Red Peppers, Avocado, Turkey Sausage, and Chives.

For more delicious recipe ideas, be sure to visit Sandwich Thins® Recipes from Weight Watchers, and Bagel Thin Recipes.


21 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

Oooooh, your sandwich sounds awesome. I am definitley going to have to be on the lookout for these the next time I am at the store.

Gingermommy said...

I am so boring when it comes to bagels. I really need to think outside the box lol I never think to make them up like a sandwich. This looks so good! (Kim)

Eat To Live said...

My Hubs has used the bagel thins and really liked them. I used to love their English muffins smothered in butter.

Erica said...

This looks really good. I love bagels and I think that the skinny bagels are a great idea for those of us trying to cut back!

Pam said...

This looks really good! I have always liked Thomas brand bread products.

Rebecca said...

What a great recipe for breakfast had to pin this one as I started WW last week and need ideas. Thank you.

Tough Cookie Mommy said...

I usually order my hamburgers when we are out eating on Thomas's English Muffins. They taste great and have less carbs than regular buns.

Jaredamy said...

I love that these Bagel Thins products are thinner, and less calories than traditional bagels!

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

This looks like a great recipe for breakfast or a quick snack

Nicole Brady said...

We just saw these at the store the other day and were trying to decide if we should get them or not. Thanks for the heads-up!

Unknown said...

I love that recipe for breakfast. Those bagels look good too.

Anonymous said...

I use these to make sandwiches on, they are the perfect size and lower in calories. The flavor of the everything bagel is perfect for my turkey sandwiches.

Anonymous said...

That looks so tasty! I love when healthy tastes good!

Theresa Mahoney said...

These sound fabulous! My husband is eating breakfast now before he leaves for work and we need new ideas. I am going to be on the look out for these bagel thins. I think he would love them!

Marni | Love and Duck Fat said...

These look delicious! I love bagels...:)

Pam said...

I would really like this. I love egg salad and this seems like a healthy version of it.

Kerrie @ Family Food and Travel said...

Bagels are a delicious and filling alternative to bread. I like that these are low in calories and aren't too thick for sandwiches. I would love to try them.

ANNIE M said...

That breakfast bagel looks absolutely delish! Healthy, too!

FabulousPerks said...

I love Thomas bagels, I have never had the thin bagels. I'll be sure to look out for these.

Kristen said...

As someone who is trying to cut down on carbs. I will be trying these. I love bagels!

Amanda said...

I'm on a similar weight loss journey, so I know how tough it is to shed the pounds. Making healthier choices helps a lot and that breakfast sandwich looks great!