Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Beanitos




Have you ever heard of Beanitos?  Beanitos are chips made out of five simple all natural  ingredients including: Whole Black Beans,  Whole Grain Rice,  Pure Vegetable Oil,  and Sea Salt.  While the chips may seem like they are made out of corn they surprisingly are not!  Beanitos Chips were launched in Janurary of 2010 to create a low glycemic snack.  These chips are Gluten Free Certified and full of lots of fiber!

Beanitos sent me a bag to sample in each of their flavors including: 
  • Black Bean
  • Chipotle BBQ
  • Pinto Bean and Flax
  • Cheddar Cheese
My overall favorite flavor I would have to say is the Chipotle BBQ because I love the flavor!  The actual chips tasted a lot like chips dipped in  bean dip,  so basically they are like a chip dipped in bean dip,  all in one!  I enjoyed dipping the plain flavored chips in Salsa and Guacamole dip as they are sturdy and perfect for dipping.  I let my brother try some and he loved them!  I was kind of surprised because he usually isn't into healthy foods but when it comes to Beanitos Chips he sure is! 

I would not say I will be replacing my favorite chips with Beanitos,   but I sure will purchase them along with a bunch of other brands that I usually buy. Compared to Corn or Potato Chips, Beanitos contain 2 1/2 times more protein making them healthier than the average chip.  You can find out more about their  health benefits  Here.   If you would like to purchase Beanitos Chips they can be found at Ralphs,  Whole Foods,  Select Health Stores or online at Snack Warehouse

*Disclaimer-  I received free products from Beanitos to possibly review.  In no way did this alter my opinion of their products.  All of my opinions are one hundred percent honest and true.*

0 comments: