Friday, February 11, 2011

Etsy Elmo Week Review #4- Cake Pop Shoppe


I happened to luck out and find this amazing shop on Etsy called Cake Pop Shoppe.  Cake Pop Shoppe is owned by Kimberlee Robinson,  who loves to make adorable sweet treats for others to enjoy.  I am sure by now you have probably heard of Cake Pops,  but have you heard of Sesame Street Cake Pops or Hello Kitty Cake Pops!  Yes,  not only does she make Cake Pops,  but she also decorates them in your favorite themes, characters and colors!  She is constantly looking for new ideas and loves a challenge,  so if you do not see something on her site,  message her and she will be happy to design and make something special for you.

Cake Pop Shoppe was kind enough to send me 6 Sesame Street,  and Burt and Ernie Cake Pops to review!  I anxiously awaited their arrival so when they finally arrived i was super excited!  I opened up the box to find bubble wrap and as soon as i got past the bubble wrap i found 6 adorably cute "Sesame Street" Cake Pops starring at me!  Each one of them included detail and i could tell she spent a lot of hard work making them.  The Cake Pops looked so cute it made me not want to eat them,  but then when i thought about how delicious they would taste,  I knew i had to! 


The following are the flavors Cake Pop Shoppe offers:
  • Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting
  • Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
  • Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting
  • Yellow Cake with Vanilla Frosting
  • Strawberry Cake with Vanilla Frosting
  • Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Frosting
  • Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
  • Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Frosting
  • Vanilla Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
  • Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

I was happy to receive a variety of cake and frosting combinations.  She sent me Elmo in Chocolate/Chocolate, Oscar and the Cookie Monster in Yellow/Chocolate,  Bert and Ernie in Red Velvet/Cream Cheese and Big Bird in Vanilla Vanilla.  My all time favorite Cake Pop is the Big Bird Cake Pop in Vanilla/Vanilla.    It has an original taste and is not too overly sweet!  One of the first thing i noticed  is the thick layer of frosting that covers the Cake Pops.

My mom uses mayo in place of the oil in cake to make the most moist cake ever...well at least that is  what I thought until I tried these cake pops that is!  In the center of each cake pop is the most moist cake I have ever tasted!  The "Sesame Street"  Cake Pops come in a variety of four different characters including:  Big Bird,  Elmo,  Oscar and the Cookie Monster.  She also offers a set of Cake Pops that contains Bert and Ernie which differ from the "Sesame Street" Cake Pops because they have a much more flat texture.  This makes the amount of icing thinner.     Each "Sesame Street" Cake Pop contains it's own special designs and details.  Big Birds Mouth is made out of icing covered candy corns and Burt's ears are made out of small M&M like candy.

Cake Pop Shoppes "Sesame Street"  Cake Pops are extremely sweet,  so if you are a sweet- a- holic like myself...you will love them just as much as I do!  The Yellow/chocolate was my second favorite flavor combination as I love Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting!  It contained just the right amount of cake and frosting.  The Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting is perfect for Choc-o-holics!  The Red Velvet with Cream Cheese frosting was not as sweet as the other flavors and the Red velvet  blended well with the Cream Cheese Frosting. 

 I am going to be offering Cake Pops,  instead of traditional cake,  for my guests at my sons party.  These make wonderful favors or treats at Baby Showers,  Birthday Parties or Celebrations.  The Cake Pops also make a wonderful gift or sweet treat for yourself!  Cake Pops are very convenient to use at parties or events due to the fact that each Cake Pop is on a stick.  There is no mess,  forks or plates necessary when eating Cake Pops,  you simply dispose of the stick when your finished and that's that!  

I must warn you-Due to the detail,   size,  and weight of the Cake Pops they can easily break or fall off the stick,  so be careful!  The best way to store Cake Pops is in your freezer.  You can order them ahead of time and then store them in your freezer,  they will be ready for your event and in the mean time they stay nice and fresh.   If you choose not to store them in the freezer,  you should put them in a cool dry place out of sunlight for up to a week. 

You can visit her Local Business Website to learn more about her products but if placing an order it is best to do it on her Etsy Shop.

*disclaimer-  Cake Pop Shoppe sent me some Cake Pops to possibly review.  In no way did this alter my opinion of their products.  All of my opinions are one hundred percent honest and true.* 

1 comments:

Yona said...

Awe...these are really cute.