Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Find plenty of delicous products at the Plentiful Pantry


I recently found a great site called Plentiful Pantry.  Plentiful Pantry was started back in 1992 when Debbie turned her fabulous fresh dishes into dried ingredients,  to make some of the best product mixes available on the Internet today.  She offers a wide variety of mixes including:  Soups,  Pastas,  Breads,  Side Dishes,  Dips,  Desserts and many more!  All of her mixes are healthy and very easy to prepare.  They feature home style products with a bit of a homemade style flavor without all of the hard work and preparation that goes along with it.

Plentiful Pantry kindly sent me three of their products to review.  I requested to review their White Cheddar Potato Soup along with their Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars.   I was very excited when UPS dropped off my package so I immediately opened up the box to find three products.  The third product ended up being a package of their Chicken and Dumpling Soup mix!  I pulled all three of the products out of the box and began to read more about them.

I soon discovered there wasn't going to be much work involved in making these Delicious mixes.  I am the type that loves using mixes out of boxes because they save so much time and work and i am always busy busy busy,   so anything that saves me time is always a plus on my list!   I also noticed that their mixes did not call for many other added ingredients- making it simple and affordable to make.  Their mixes are more than just any ordinary mix due to the fact that they offer a lot of hard to find products.  Plentiful Pantry products make great gifts  for anyone that enjoys preparing mixes.

One of the things that i like best about Plentiful Pantry is that their products come in attractive and sometimes decorative packages.  The Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars not only sounded great but looked great too!  The top of the box is shaped like a pumpkin and actually has a cardboard stem and leaf coming out of the top!  The Cheesecake Bar mixed called for only 3 added ingredients which were:  1 Cup Hot Water,  2/8-ounce Packages of Cream Cheese and 6 Tbs. Butter.  The directions were simple and easy to follow. 

First,  I lined my pan with plastic wrap.   I then added The melted butter to the Gingerbread Cookie Crust Mix and blended together.  After that I  placed the cream cheese into a bowl and blended it together.  Lastly,   I Poured the mix into the crust and chilled in the fridge for about an hour.  The mix yielded about 16 bars which were the perfect serving size.  A great tip is to drizzle Caramel Sauce over the top of the Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars,  which gives it an extra little flair.   I love the fact that i did not have to bake the Bars making very convenient and easy to make.

I have not got a chance to make the Chicken & Dumplings yet but they sound great!  I have been eating Chicken & Dumplings since I was a young girl so these really bring back memories!  Chicken & Dumplings are a definite comfort food in my household.  I plan on serving them on a cold rainy day or when my family is sick.  The mix calls  for 4 cups of water,  12.5 ounce can Chicken and 1/3 cup milk. With simple easy ingredients and directions,  it is possible for anyone to prepare these mixes. 

I loved making the White Cheddar Potato Soup as it was both tasty and easy to cook.  It called for only two ingredients which you are sure to have on hand- Salt and Pepper,  and 5 cups Water.  I whisked the mix into 5 cups of warm water.  I stirred it frequently until it came to a boil and I then lowered the heat and simmered it for about 25 minutes until the Vegetables were tender.  I cooked the soup for 5 more minutes than it called for to thicken the soup.  If you would like the soup to be thinner -add more water and make sure to not overcook it as it will get thicker.
They suggest you add any of the following ingredients to the soup:  Can of Clams,  Can of Corn,  1/2 cup Diced Ham,  1/2 cup shredded  Cheddar Cheese or whatever else your heart may desire.  I chose to add some Chives,  Sour Cream,  and some homemade bacon bits.  They definitely enhanced the flavor,  however,  the soup was still tasty without the added ingredients.    The White Cheddar was strong in flavor and blended well with the potatoes in the soup.  This soup tasted homemade with out going though  all the hastle of making it homemade. 

*Disclaimer-  The Plentiful Pantry sent me some products to try.  In  no way did this alter my opinion of their products.  All of my opinions are one hundred percent honest and true.*

0 comments: