Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Fun Day-Sunday Sweet Cupcakes!


These cupcakes taste delicious and are super easy to make!  I have never been the type that likes ordinary things,  I always have to spruce everything up,  and that is exactly what I did with this cupcake!  I used a Betty Crocker Chocolate Cake Mix,  along with some Betty Crocker Chocolate Frosting.  I prepared everything according to the box,  except I added a small amount of the chocolate frosting to my batter,  this gives it extra flavor.  In additon to the oil,  I also added a teaspoon of mayonnaise to the batter.  This makes it extra moist, but do not worry,  you won't be able to taste the mayonnaise.

 My mother has been using mayo in her cakes and cupcakes for years,  and my uncle has no clue!  If he knew she added mayonnaise, he would have never ate any of her cakes or cupcakes,  because he hates mayonnaise with a passion!  After I frosted the cupcakes with the remaining frosting,  I sprinkled them with round colored sprinkles.  To top them off,  I sliced strawberries in half,  and placed one on each cupcake.  Chocolate Cupcakes + Chocolate Icing + Sprinkles + Fresh Strawberries = PERFECTION!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Newest follower, returning the blog love!
Thanks!
Jenn
www.lilyboxing.blogspot.com

Hello Again Vintage said...

Yum.. that cupcake looks delicious. I've never heard of anyone using mayo in cupcakes. It sounds interesting.


Grace

www.helloagainvintage.blogpsot.com