Friday, September 30, 2011

Epsom Salt

Epsom Salt


Today is your lucky day because I am going to let you in on a little secret.  I am sure you have all heard of Epsom Salt ,  but have you tried them?  If not,  you definitely should because they make a great way to pamper yourself without having to break your bank.  Matter of fact,  Epsom Salts are extremely cheap ,  but work extremely well.  Epsom Salts has  many uses including: Pampering,   After Exercising,  and even for Gardeners. 

FOR PAMPERING:

With the economy so poor at the moment many people have had to cut back on their visits to the spa,  but that doesn't have to stop you from having relaxing spa enjoyment out of the comfort of your own home.  In fact,  Epsom Salts make it possible for you to have extremely affordable in home experience that will leave your skin looking just as radiant and glowing as a regular trip to the spa.  See the tips below for a great idea as how to make your skin look glowing.

  • Glowing skin exfoliating treatment:  Mix 2 cups of Epsom Salt with 1/4 cup of Epsom Salt with 1/4 cup of Petroleum Jelly and a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil.  Use the mixture to gently scrub away dry skin patches.
  • Pedicure Perfection:  Dissolve a half cup of Epsom Salt into two quarts of warm water.  Pour the water into a container and soak your bare feet for fifteen to twenty minutes.  For an extra treat,  add a few drops of eucalyptus oil for a refreshing scent.  Massage the entire foot with Epsom Salt concentrating on the heels and ankles to remove any dry,  rough spots.  Then,  rinse your feet off with clean tap water and dry them thoroughly.
FOR GARDNER'S

Epsom Salt provides an excellent way to help seeds germinate,  make plants grow bushier,  produce more flowers,  and increase chlorophyll products.  In addition to that it also helps deter pesky pests such as slugs and voles from taking over your plants.

  • Houseplants:  2 Tablespoons per gallon of water;  feed plants monthly.
  • Shrubs:  (Evergreens,  Azaleas,  Rhondondendron):  1 Tablespoon per 9 square feet.  Apply over root zone every 2-3 weeks..
  • Lawns:  Apply 3 pounds for every 1,2500 square feet with a spreader,  or dilute in water and apply with a sprayer.
  • Trees:  Apply2 Tablespoons per 9 square feet.  Apply over the root zone 3 times annually.
AFTER EXERCISING

Did you know that Epsom Salt is actually a magnesium sulfate?  This can help people maintain optimum levels of both magnesium and sulfate.  Sulfate helps form joint proteins and helps keeps joints healthy,  gets rid of toxins,  and improves absorption of nutrients.  Magnesium helps regulate more than 325 enzymes in the body,  performing more functions than any other mineral.  It helps reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps,  helps muscles and nerves function properly and helps prevent artery hardening and blood clots.

  • To ease muscle pain and fading bruises:  Add two cups of Epsom Salt to warm water in a standard-sized bathtub 9double the Epsom Salt for an oversized garden tub) and bathe three times weekly, soaking for at least 12 minutes.  Also can be used to make compresses.
  • To soothe feet aching from a tough workout or a long day:  Add a cup of Epsom Salt to a tub of warm water and soak them.
My parents have always preached to me about how well Epsom Salt works,  and  they are constantly running out since they use so much of it.  I always mean to pick some up while I'm out and about shopping,  but somehow it always ends up slipping my mind,  so when I was recently contacted to review some Epsom Salt,  there was no way I could turn it down.  I received two cartons of Epsom Salts to review and share my experience with all my readers.



 I couldn't wait to use it,  so I used it the first night I received it!  I placed two cups of Epsom Salt into my bath tub,  which was filled with nice steamy hot water.  Yep,  even though I shouldn't I always love to take hot baths.  Any ways the Epsom Salts were so relaxing to soak in.  Because they are not scented they are also perfect for people who do not liked scented bath products.  The very next day I went shopping and my feet were so sore from walking so I decided to add some Epsom Salt to a bucket of warm water and soak my tired achy feet in them.  By the time I was done,  I felt so pampered and my feet felt so much better

I am now sold on Epsom Salt and now realize why my parents are always running out of it.  If you haven't be sure to try some and I am sure you will be pleased with them just as much as I am!  '


LEARN MORE:   To learn more visit www.epsomsaltcouncil.org ,  connect with them on Facebook,  and follow them on Twitter.

*Disclaimer - Epsom Salt provided me with items to review.  In no way did this alter my opinion of their products.  All of my opinions are one hundred percent honest and true.*

1 comments:

Eat To Live said...

I use epsom salts quite often. When I was a child, I had stepped on a rusty nail. I had a red streak going up my leg almost to my groin. When my mom seen the streak... she freaked out and I had to soak in epsom salts. We could see the streak subsiding. Epsom salts most likely saved my life.